Bigbury-on-sea golf course - right on the sea
Bigbury Golf Club
Address: Bigbury-on-sea, South Devon, TQ7 4BB
Bigbury has been providing a challenge for golfers of all abilities for 85 years. The fairways are wide and the greens fast, but play is complicated by sea winds and well placed trees and bunkers. With breathtaking 360° scenery including the majestic rocky seascapes, the Avon Estuary, Moorlands and the world famous Burgh Island… you won’t leave disappointed.
- Its 18 holes total 6,011 yards (white), 5854 yards (yellow) for men, 5,518 for ladies…
- A multi-award winning, GolfMark accredited Top 100 course – located in the South Hams
- Par is 69, 70 and 73 strokes respectively
- Tee off times
Dartmouth Golf & Country Club
Address: Totnes TQ9 7DE
Situated in 225 acres of wonderful South Devon countryside on the outskirts of Dartmouth. The club offers unrivalled facilities which include: two highly rated golf courses, a driving range, fully stocked pro-shop, hotel and spa. The golf course has hosted the West Region PGA Championships on 6 occasions: an excellent and enjoyable challenge for golfers of all abilities. Come play!
Thurlestone Golf Club
Address: Kingsbridge TQ7 3NZ
This Harry Colt designed course is one of the most exhilarating – with majestic rocky seascapes above the coves where smugglers used to operate. It is also ideal holiday golf – not too severe, with quite generous fairways, but the wind, of course, can blow with a vengeance. Whatever your level we are confident that you will leave the course with many happy memories.
If you love a game of tennis, there are also 12 tennis courts for hire at the Golf Club. You can book as a family group… a set of four or with a partner. Visitors are very welcome, and racquets and tennis balls are available to hire too.
- Situated on the coast, the course is a mix of links and cliff top terrain
- Rewarding and spectacular views with each hole providing a different challenge
- Offering a variety of tees to play from catering for every age and standard of golfer
- Tee off times
A game of tennis?
- Hard courts available all year
- 10 grass courts available May to September
- Non members are welcome to book and play on the day
- Court sessions last 1.5 hours and cost: £20 for 4 adults, £16.00 for 2 adults and 2 children, £12.00 for 2 players and £3.00 each for juniors.
- Please book and pay at the Pro Shop (01548 560715) on arrival.
Wrangaton Golf Club
Address: Golf Links Rd, Wrangaton, Devon TQ10 9HJ
A unique and picturesque golf course of 9 moorland holes and 9 parkland holes. It comes with its own set of challenges that will test any level of golfer and their shot making ability! The course is on Dartmoor rather than coastal, with beautiful views on a clear day. Look out for ponies and their riders… our property manager Beverley and her friends would ride their ponies across the golf course, as do many today.
- With a split of 9 moorland holes and 9 parkland holes – it’s very much a course of two halves
- Pro Shop and delicious snacks
- Stunning views of the Devonshire countryside with a backdrop of the coastline and the sea just 10 miles away
- Visitors are warmly welcomed all year round – 365 days
- Tee times
- Please be aware of ponies and walkers – the Moorland is open to all
A local fishing off the South Devon Coast
If you are a keen angler, bring your own fishing gear, as TWO of your local beaches, Slapton Sands and Beesands are exciting spots. Walk down Slapton Sands… and you will inevitably see fishermen there… catching dinner for the BBQ.
- Local beach fishing and boat trips…
- Different sea fish can be caught seasonally throughout the year including: Bass, Mackerel and Plaice… (they flip around the shoreline seasonally when tides are low)
- Well worth asking a local fisherman for their bait recommendations as it varies seasonally!
Sea Fishing & Boat Hire
If you have never experienced sea fishing before – this is your chance to give it ago!
Whitesands Boat Hire in Salcombe offer two hour mackerel fishing trips on the skippered boat, Woodpecker.
- All fishing gear is provided
- Trips run up to four times per day from Easter through to October half-term
- The maximum number of passengers is ten, so advanced booking is advisable
- You can also hire boats for a day from Whitesands
- All trips and boat hire are weather dependent